SOESD / School Improvement Services / Migrant Ed/ELL/
Indian Ed / English / ELL / SELD
Systematic English Language Development (SELD) is a framework for teachers and administrators to use in designing and implementing effective English Language Development programs. The course will provide detailed information about how to assess, plan, teach and monitor the English language development of culturally and linguistically diverse students. The course is based on the Focused Approach to Systematic English Language Development Instruction developed by Susana Dutro.
Units and Lesson Plans
- Hueneme Elementary: Avenues Lesson Plans, K-5 (zipped File)
- Ord Terrace Elementary School: lessons linked to Carousel (external link) To download all documents from this site click here (zipped file)
- San Diego Unified School District's Year Long ELD set of units (zipped file) For their Year at a Glance overview of the units, click here. The Year at a Glance is a good guide to the rest of the documents.
- Whittier City School District's has plans plus many additional resources for various levels--28 weeks worth for grades K-2 and 3-5, plus some started on 6-8. (Click here for zipped file of the entire web site.)
- Redmond School District's Secondary Units