SOESD / School Improvement Services / Child Care Resource Network / Start & Operate a Home Child Care Program
Start & Operate a Home Child Care Program
How to be a Child Care Provider in 6 Easy Steps:
The Child Care Resource Network can assist you in developing your business.
The Six Steps:
- Learn about being a registered provider in Oregon; attend a Family Child Care Overview class.
- Attend a Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect class.
- Attend a First Aid/CPR class that includes pediatric information.
- Obtain a food handlerís card.
- Complete your application and criminal background check with the Child Care Division.
- Complete your home health and safety inspection with the Child Care Division.
For general or training Information and to register for classes call CCRN at 541-842-2610 or email CCRNReferral@soesd.k12.or.us
Once You Are Registered:
- Increase your income and expertise
- Sign up with a USDA Food Program and get meal reimbursements
- Get listed with DHS to accept families with State subsidized child care
- Sign up for classes or mentoring
CCRN can also help with:
- Free referrals of families to you in need of child care that best match what you offer
- Business technical assistance
- Ideas for marketing
- Referrals to community resources for you and your families
- Classes and workshops for new and renewing providers
- Quarterly newsletters
- Mentoring in areas of professional growth, early literacy and caring for children with special needs
- Child care health consultations, focusing on child care needs
- Limited scholarships to pay for classes and safety equipment through CCRN or our partners