Over the past two school years, schools and districts prepared Operational Blueprints (2020-21 school year) and Safe Return to In Person Instruction & Continuity of Services Plans (2021-22 school year). As Oregon emerges from the response phase of the pandemic and returns to its traditional governance model emphasizing local control and decision-making, the School-level COVID-19 Management Plan (COVID-19 Management Plan) builds upon the lessons learned of these years, including the lasting equity and mental health impacts of, and Oregon’s response to, COVID-19. The Plan is designed to align with other operational plans, emergency operational plans (EOP) and district communicable disease management plans (CDMP) that may be in place. Districts and ESDs (Education Service Districts) should build on what is already in place to ensure robust planning at the school and program level.
The COVID-19 Management Plan verifies the school or program is ready to:
- Prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from increases in COVID-19 transmission.
- Ensure continuity of instruction for all students, regardless of support needs.
- Ensure continuity of learning during and after periods of increased COVID-19 transmission.
- Communicate their plan to their staff, students, families, and community.
SOESD aligns our plans with the plans of the districts and the communities we serve in order to provide services that meet the needs of students and families across our regional service area.
Each district we serve submits a blueprint for each of their schools where we may serve students. SOESD’s other direct instructional services for students are outlined in separate SOESD COVID-19 Management Plans:
- SOESD’s 2022-2023 COVID-19 Management Plan – SOESD Programs (8-25-22)
- SOESD 2022-23 COVID-19 Management Plan – LTCT Inst 1275 (8-23-22)
- SOESD 2022-23 COVID-19 Management Plan – LTCT Inst 2434 (8-23-22)
- SOESD 2022-23 COVID-19 Management Plan – LTCT Inst 3653 (8-23-22)
SOESD assists districts with preparing and updating COVID-19 Management Plans with resources available at https://www.oregon.gov/ode/schools-and-districts/grants/Pages/ESSER-III-District-Supplemental-Plans.aspx#resources.
The COVID-19 Management Plans for all the districts in southern Oregon (and the state) are located on ODE’s web site.