Friday October 9th, 2020 at 08:00 AM to 2:50 PM
OESD’s For Teachers By Teachers Promising Practices Symposium promises to be a day of learning and sharing for educators from throughout Southern Oregon. Attendees will have the opportunity to virtually attend three two-hour sessions (and earn up to six PDUs) on hot topics in the areas of science, math and educational technology. Six sessions will be presented by peers, recognized as local experts and leaders. The remaining three sessions will be led by vendors. All nine presenters were part of the recent EDTech Summit and were identified via attendee survey as conference MVPs.
Session titles and times are below. Registrants will select the one to three sessions they wish to attend via a conference app on the day of the symposium. Information on how to use the conference app will be sent to registrants during the week before the event.
Session Offerings for the 8 am to 9:50 am timeslot include:
- Teaching Research and Writing and Managing Papers/Projects During the Pandemic
- Promoting Equity and Engagement in the Middle and High School Classroom
Session Offerings for the 10 am to 11:50 am timeslot include:
- Integrating AR/VR into STEM and CTE Programs
- NGSS in a Virtual Realm
- Power Up Your Google Game
Session Offerings for the 1 pm to 2:50 pm timeslot include:
- How Neuroscience Helped Design a Math Program That Meets the Diverse Needs of Students in the Wake of COVID-19
- Seesaw for Hybrid and Distance Learning Classes
- Gamified Comprehensive Distance Learning